1 BC facts for kids
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||2nd century BC – 1st century BC – 1st century|
|Decades:||30s BC 20s BC 10s BC – 0s BC – 0s 10s 20s|
|Years:||4 BC 3 BC 2 BC – 1 BC – 1 AD 2 AD 3 AD|
|Gregorian calendar||1 BC
|Ab urbe condita||753|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
— to —庚申年
|- Vikram Samvat||56–57|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3101–3102|
|Iranian calendar||622 BP – 621 BP|
|Islamic calendar||641 BH – 640 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1912 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||543|
Year 1 BC/BCE was a leap year starting on Thursday of the Julian calendar. Some sources list it as a common year starting on either Friday or Saturday. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Lentulus and Piso.
- Emperor Augustus made a peace treaty with Phraates V
- Ovid writes the Ars Amatoria
- Ping of Han becomes Emperor of China
- Birth of Jesus as given by Dionysius Exiguus
- Ptolemy of Mauretania (d. AD 40)
- for more information, see Category:1 BC deaths.
1 BC Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.