27 BC facts for kids
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||2nd century BC – 1st century BC – 1st century|
|Decades:||50s BC 40s BC 30s BC – 20s BC – 10s BC 0s BC 0s|
|Years:||30 BC 29 BC 28 BC – 27 BC – 26 BC 25 BC 24 BC|
|Gregorian calendar||27 BC
|Ab urbe condita||727|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
— to —甲午年
|- Vikram Samvat||30–31|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3075–3076|
|Iranian calendar||648 BP – 647 BP|
|Islamic calendar||668 BH – 667 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1938 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||517|
- January 16 – The Roman Senate votes Octavian the title of Augustus. He accepts this honor, having declined the alternative title of Romulus. He is known as Augustus afterwards.
- Augustus becomes consul for the seventh time. His partner Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa becomes consul for the third time.
- Augustus, as consul, returns power to the Senate of Rome.
- Augustus starts a new military reform.
- Northern statue of the Colossi of Memnon is shattered by an earthquake in Egypt (according to Strabo).
- for more information, see Category:27 BC births.
- Marcus Terentius Varro, Roman scholar (b. 116 BC)
27 BC Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.