Aenictogiton facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsAenictogiton
7 species; see text.
Aenictogiton is a genus of ants. The genus has seven species. The genus is given its own subfamily, Aenictogitoninae. All of the species are known only from males from middle Africa and show a phylogenetic liking to the army ants (and are in the dorylomorph subfamilies). Nothing is known about the workers, queens and behavior of these ants. A few not described species are known to exist in a few collections in the world.
- Aenictogiton attenuatus - Santschi, 1919
- Aenictogiton bequaerti - Forel, 1913
- Aenictogiton elongatus - Santschi, 1919
- Aenictogiton emeryi - Forel, 1913
- Aenictogiton fossiceps - Emery, 1901
- Aenictogiton schoutedeni - Santschi, 1924
- Aenictogiton sulcatus - Santschi, 1919
Aenictogiton Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.