Aline Griffith, Dowager Countess of Romanones facts for kids
Griffith was born in Pearl River, New York.
Griffith worked in the US Office of Strategic Services (OSS) as a cipher clerk during World War II. She was a member of the International Best Dressed List from 1962 until her death in 2017. She was a close friend to many world leaders and celebrities including Nancy Reagan, Jacqueline Kennedy, and Audrey Hepburn.
Griffith died on 11 December 2017 in Madrid at the age of 94.
Titles and styles
- Miss Aline Griffith (1923–1947)
- The Most Excellent The Countess of Quintanilla (1947–1963)
- The Most Excellent The Countess of Romanones (1963–1988)
- The Most Excellent The Dowager Countess of Romanones (1988–2017)
- Elected, The International Hall of Fame, Vanity Fair: The International Best-Dressed Hall of Fame (1962)
- Elenco de Grandezas y Títulos Nobiliarios Españoles, Hidalguía Editions, 2008
Aline Griffith, Dowager Countess of Romanones Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.