Ash facts for kids
The term Ash can have different meanings:
- What remains after a fire. Those things are called debris, and remain after incineration.
- Volcanic ash, the material ejected by a volcano.
- Fly ash and bottom ash. What remains after burning coal.
- Ash trees are trees generally of the genus Fraxinus.
- European Ash is a species of ash tree
- Mountain Ash is another tree, generally not in that genus.
- Various place-names in the United Kingdom or the United States.
- A surname, see Ash (surname).
- Ash Wednesday, a special day for many Christians.
- The letter Æ (capital) / æ (lower case).
- The alternative rock band Ash (band) from Downpatrick, Northern Ireland.
Images for kids
Ash Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.