Aydin Balayev facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
|Born||November 19, 1956
|Alma mater||Azerbaijan State University,
Moscow State University
|Occupation||Azerbaijan Democratic Republic, Ethnography in Caucasus|
Balayev was born on November 19, 1956 in Baku, capital of Azerbaijan. In 1980, he graduated from the Department of History of the Azerbaijan State University and in 1982 he started working at the Archeology and Ethnography Institute of the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences. In 1983-1985, Balayev was a researcher at the Ethnography Department of Moscow State University. From 1985 he continued his doctoral studies at the Ethnography Institute of the USSR Academy of Sciences in Moscow, graduating with a PhD in History in 1988.
Balayev has additionally published many articles on the history of Azerbaijani independence movement in the 1980s-1990s, Karabakh conflict, in the United States, Great Britain, Germany, France, Canada, Denmark and Russia. In total, Balayev has written72 books, 16 of which were published abroad, and 6 monographs.
- The Azerbaijani National Movement: From Müsavat to the National Front (Baku, 1992)
- Azerbaijani Independence Movement in 1917-1918 (Baku, 1998)
- Ethnolinguistic processes in the 19th-20th centuries (Baku, 2005)
- February Revolution and National Achievements (Moscow, 2008)
- March 1918: A Defining Moment For Azerbaijan (Tbilisi, 2009)
- Mammad Emin Rasulzade (1884-1955) (Moscow, 2009)
- Azerbaijani Turks: National Awareness Processes (Baku, 2010)
- History of Azerbaijan. From Ancient Times to the Beginning of the 20th Century (Baku, 1993)
- Azerbaijanis. Historical ethnographic overview (Baku, 1998)
- Azeris (Baku, 2005)
Aydin Balayev Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.