Beloeil facts for kids
The name Beloeil or Belœil is the name of two municipalities. It has also been applied to various events and locations linked with these two municipalities.
The name has been applied to two municipalities. Despite the similarity, it appears the two names have independent linguistic origins.
- Belœil, a municipality in Hainaut, Belgium famous for its castle, with a population of 13 347 inhabitants.
- Beloeil, a city in Quebec, Canada, near Montreal, with a population of 18 927 inhabitants.
Related Locations and Events
- The Château of Belœil, a castle in the Belgian Belœil, seat of the House of Ligne.
- Mont Beloeil, an older name for Mont Saint-Hilaire, a mountain across the Richelieu River from the Canadian Beloeil.
- The Seigneury of Beloeil, a French colonial administrative division including what is now Beloeil, Quebec.
- The Beloeil train disaster, an alternate name for the St-Hilaire train disaster, which killed 99 on June 29, 1864 near Beloeil, Quebec.
Beloeil Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.