Billy Boyd facts for kids
Boyd at Comic-Con International 2004
28 August 1968
Billy Boyd (born August 28, 1968, in Glasgow) is a Scottish actor. He is best known for playing Peregrin Took in the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy (2001-2003) and Barrett Bonden in Peter Weir's movie Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2003).
As well as being an actor, he can sing, and play the guitar, bass, and drums. He wrote and sang a song in Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. He worked as a book-binder for 6 years before becoming an actor. One of the books he bound was The Lord of the Rings.
- Stone of Destiny (2008)
- Ecstasy (2007) as Woodsy
- The Flying Scotsman (2006) as Malky
- Save Angel Hope (2006) as Vince
- Midsummer Dream (2005) voice of Puck
- On a Clear Day (2005) as Danny
- Instant Credit (2004) as Frankie
- Seed of Chucky (2004) as the voice of Glen
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) as Peregrin Took
- Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2003) as Barrett Bonden
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002) as Peregrin Took
- Sniper 470 (2002) as the Sniper
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) as Peregrin Took
- Julie and the Cadillacs (1999) as Jimmy Campbell
- Urban Ghost Story (1998) as the loan shark
- The Soldier's Leap (1998) as the postman
Billy Boyd Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.