Charles des Moulins facts for kids
He was a member of several learned societies, including the American Philosophical Society, which elected him an international Member in 1861, and the Société linnéenne de Bordeaux, of which he served as its president in 1826.
- Pagodulina pagodula (Des Moulins, 1830)
In turn, in recognition of his services to malacology, a number of species of mollusks were named after him. These latter species included both fossil and recent, both bivalves and gastropods and were mainly non-marine species, however, a few were marine species. Examples as follows:
- Pisania desmoulinsi Montrouzier, 1864 , a marine gastropod
- Anodonta desmoulinsiana Locard, 1882 , a freshwater bivalve
- Nerita desmoulinsiana Dautzenberg & Bouge, 1933, a marine gastropod
- Vertigo moulinsiana Dupuy, 1849, a terrestrial gastropod
Moulins also named various species of plants, including:
- Euphorbia milii Des Moulins, 1826 
The botanical genus Moulinsia (family Sapindaceae) was named in his honor by Jacques Cambessèdes.
In Spanish: Charles des Moulins para niños
Charles des Moulins Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.