kids encyclopedia robot

Chumstick, Washington facts for kids

Kids Encyclopedia Facts
Quick facts for kids
Chumstick, Washington
"Quatch City"
"The Quatch will be Captured"
Chumstick, Washington is located in Washington (state)
Chumstick, Washington
Chumstick, Washington
Location in Washington (state)
Country United States
State Washington
County Chelan
1,594 ft (486 m)
 • Total 401
Time zone UTC-8 (Pacific (PST))
 • Summer (DST) UTC-7 (PDT)
GNIS feature ID 1517763

Chumstick is a small unincorporated community in Chelan County, Washington, United States. It is also the main road that connects Plain and Leavenworth together. It is most known for the various Sasquatch, or "Quatch" sightings in the area. These Quatch sightings have led to numerous "Quatch Hunts" every April 1st by the towns people, although all attempts have been thus far unsuccessful.


The official 2010 population of Chumstick was 401 people, of which, 399 (99.5%) were of Caucasian descent. The other 2(0.5%) people are of African American descent. Chumstick also has no permanent resident under the age of 32, and 86.6% of Chumstick's population is over the retirement age.

Sasquatch Sightings and Conspiracy

While many townsfolk claim that there is a "Quatch", or the more common "Sasquatch", there has been little evidence that such a thing exists in the forests surrounding the area. This does not deter them from engaging in annual "Quatch Hunts", in which the townsfolk go into the woods and attempt to lure and trap the creature using Jif Peanut Butter and Smuckers Strawberry Jam.

kids search engine
Chumstick, Washington Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.