Deftones facts for kids
Deftones performing at the Brixton Academy in 2007
|Genres||Alternative metal, experimental rock|
|Past members||Chi Cheng|
Deftones is an American alternative metal band from Sacramento, California. Deftones has five members in the band; the current band members are Chino Moreno, Stephen Carpenter, Abe Cunningham, Frank Delgado and Sergio Vega.
The band was formed in 1988. They released their debut album Adrenaline on October 3, 1995. The song "Elite" from their third studio album, "White Pony" won a Grammy Award for Best Metal Performance in 2001. The band has been noted for influencing bands like Muse, Linkin Park, Avenged Sevenfold, Seether, System of a Down, Fightstar, 10 Years as well as many other bands.
On November 4, 2008, the band's bassist Chi Cheng was involved in a car accident which seriously injured him. The band brought in another bassist named Sergio Vega to replace him during his absence. Cheng died on April 13, 2013 after his heart stopped.
- Chino Moreno - lead vocals, guitar (1988–present)
- Stephen Carpenter - guitar (1988-present)
- Abe Cunningham - drums (1988-present)
- Frank Delgado - turntables, keyboards, samples (2000–present)
- Sergio Vega - bass guitar, backing vocals (1999, 2009–present)
- Chi Cheng - bass, backing vocals (1988–2013) (†)
- Adrenaline (1995)
- Around the Fur (1997)
- White Pony (2000)
- Deftones (2003)
- Saturday Night Wrist (2006)
- Diamond Eyes (2010)
- Koi No Yokan (2012)
- B-Sides & Rarities (2005)
- Covers (2011)
- (Like) Linus (1993)
- Live (1998)
- Back to School (Mini Maggit) (2001)
- Music in High Places: Live in Hawaii (2003)
Images for kids
Deftones Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.