Filippo Brunelleschi facts
The principal buildings and works designed by Brunelleschi or which included his involvement:
- Dome of the Cathedral of Florence, (1419-1436)
- Ospedale degli Innocenti, (1419-ca.1445)
- Basilica di San Lorenzo di Firenze, (1419-1480s)
- Palazzo di Parte Guelfa, (1420s-1445)
- Sagrestia Vecchia, or Old Sacristy of S. Lorenzo, (1421-1440)
- Santa Maria degli Angeli: unfinished, (begun 1434)
- The lantern of the Florence Cathedral, (1436-ca.1450)
- The exedrae of the Florence Cathedral, (1439-1445)
- Santo Spirito di Firenze, (1441-1481)
- Pazzi Chapel, (1441-1460s)
The Santa Maria del Fiore cathedral in Florence possesses the largest brick dome in the world, and is considered a masterpiece of European architecture.
Filippo Brunelleschi Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.