Foreman, Arkansas facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
Foreman City Hall
Location of Foreman in Little River County, Arkansas.
|• Total||1.99 sq mi (5.15 km2)|
|• Land||1.98 sq mi (5.12 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2)|
|Elevation||417 ft (127 m)|
|• Density||494.18/sq mi (190.85/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0071657|
Foreman is located at(33.721213, -94.396888).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 2.0 square miles (5.2 km2).2.0 square miles (5.1 km²) of it is land and 0.51% is water.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
|Black or African American (non-Hispanic)||263||26.92%|
|Hispanic or Latino||44||4.5%|
As of the 2020 United States census, there were 977 people, 552 households, and 305 families residing in the city.
Public educatIon for elementary and secondary students is provided by the Foreman School District, including Foreman High School (grades 7 through 12) and Foreman Elementary School (kindergarten through sixth grade).
- Marion H. Crank, former state representative and Speaker of the Arkansas House of Representatives who was the Democratic gubernatorial nominee in 1968, having been narrowly defeated by incumbent Republican Winthrop Rockefeller.
- Jimmy "Preacher" Ellis, blues singer and guitarist
- Charles Jackson French, World War II Hero
- James T. Horn, country music singer
- Tracy Lawrence, country music singer
- Marshall Wright, Democratic member of the Arkansas House of Representatives from St. Francis County; graduated from Foreman High School
Foreman, Arkansas Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.