Game Shakers facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsGame Shakers
|Created by||Dan Schneider|
|Theme music composer||
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||61 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Dan Schneider|
|Running time||22–23 minutes|
|Picture format||HDTV 720p|
|Audio format||5.1 surround sound|
|Original release||September 12, 2015– June 8, 2019|
Game Shakers is an American comedy television series created by Dan Schneider that aired on Nickelodeon from September 12, 2015 to June 8, 2019. The series stars Cree Cicchino, Madisyn Shipman, Benjamin "Lil' P-Nut" Flores, Jr., Thomas Kuc, and Kel Mitchell.
The series revolves around two seventh graders, Babe and Kenzie, living in Brooklyn, New York, who create a video game app called "Sky Whale" for their school science project. When the game proves to be wildly successful, they form a gaming company called Game Shakers, and hire their friend, Hudson. They later partner with rapper Double G, who becomes their investor as part of a compromise for their illegal use of his song, "Drop Dat What", in their game. Double G's son, Triple G, then becomes a video game consultant for the company, making him the fourth Game Shaker.
List of Game Shakers episodes
Cast and characters
- Cree Cicchino as Babe Carano, creator of Game Shakers at 12-years-old. She always does her own thing and doesn't mind stepping on someone's toes to do so. She is confident, quick-witted, and fearless when it comes to making tough decisions. In "MeGo the Freakish Robot," it is revealed that Babe is allergic to peanuts.
- Madisyn Shipman as Kenzie Bell, creator of Game Shakers at 12-years-old. She lacks a social filter and tends to be extremely blunt, but makes up for her lackluster social skills with incredible tech knowledge.
- Benjamin "Lil' P-Nut" Flores, Jr. as Triple G, the son of Double G who had a lavish childhood, but all that he really wants is to be with children his own age. He's eventually hired by Babe and Kenzie as the video game consultant. In "Shark Explosion", it is revealed that his first name is Grover.
- Thomas Kuc as Hudson, a friend of Babe and Kenzie as well as a member of Game Shakers. Despite knowing that Hudson isn't necessarily intelligent, Babe states in "Sky Whale" that he's cute and will do whatever she and Kenzie say.
- Kel Mitchell as Double G, a successful rapper and billionaire whose real name is Gale J. Griffin. He is impulsive, unpredictable, and determined to have as much fun and money as possible. With the help of Babe and Kenzie, he rediscovers his love for gaming, and becomes the main investor of Game Shakers. In "Revenge at Tech Fest", Double G gets a temporary trionic right arm after his right arm is badly broken following a slingshot incident caused by MeGo. In "The Switch," it is revealed that Double G is allergic to shrimp.
- Shel Bailey as Ruthless, Double G's tall assistant who speaks extremely loudly.
- Bubba Ganter as Bunny, Double G's childish assistant.
- Regi Davis as Mr. Sammich, Babe, Kenzie, and Hudson's science teacher at Sugar Hill Junior High School. While he is often annoyed when Double G crashes his classes to scold Babe and Kenzie on something they did wrong, Mr. Sammich tends to cower when Ruthless and Bunny are with him.
- Tanner Buchanan as Mason Kendall, an older boy whom Babe has a crush on. In "The Mason Experience", Mason moves away to Florida.
- Todd Bosley as Teague, a waiter at Fooders.
The series premiered on YTV in Canada on October 6, 2015, and debuted on Nickelodeon channels in the United Kingdom and Ireland on November 2, 2015, and in Australia and New Zealand on February 8, 2016.
Over the course of the series, a number of games designed by the characters have been shown on Game Shakers. These games have been released online and through the Nick app. Several of the games share titles with episodes of the series (e.g. "Sky Whale", "Dirty Blob", "Tiny Pickles", "Nasty Goats", and "Llama Llama Spit Spit"). The following is the list of games that have been released:
- Sky Whale
- Dirty Blob
- Tiny Pickles
- Punchy Face
- Pop Star Surgeon
- Nasty Goats
- Pick It, Scratch It, Pop It
- Psycho Beach Mummies
- Llama Llama Spit Spit
- Crime Warp
Game Shakers Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.