Habronattus mexicanus facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsHabronattus mexicanus
|Male Habronattus mexicanus from Belize|
The species was originally named Habrocestum mexicanum by George and Elizabeth Peckham in 1896 but was transferred by them to Pellenes in 1901 and subsequently to Habronattus by Jerzy Prószyński in 1976.
The species was first identified in Mexico. It has also been found across North America, Central America and the Caribbean, including Cuba, Honduras, Jamaica and Texas.
According to the World Spider Catalog, the following are also synonyms:
- Habrocestum belligerum Peckham & Peckham, 1896
- Habrocestum latens Peckham & Peckham, 1896
- Habronattus belligerus F. O. Pickard-Cambridge, 1901
- Habronattus latens F. O. Pickard-Cambridge, 1901
- Pellenes latens Peckham & Peckham, 1901
- Pellenes belligerus Peckham & Peckham, 1901
- Pellenes hondurasus Roewer, 1951
Habronattus mexicanus Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.