Ideal gas facts for kids
An ideal gas is a gas with particular characteristics.
- The particles have no volume
- All collisions between particles are elastic collisions and lose no kinetic energy
- The particles neither attract each other nor repel
- They have random movement
Ideal gases are hypothetical which means that they do not exist in their true form.
The Ideal gas law that relates the volume, pressure, temperature and number of particles in an ideal gas is:
- n = number of moles of gas
- T = temperature in Kelvin (K)
- R = 8.314 J⋅K−1⋅mol−1, which is the universal gas constant
- V = volume in Litres (L)
- P = pressure in Pascals (Pa)
In Spanish: Gas ideal para niños
Ideal gas Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.