Line of succession to the Norwegian throne facts for kids
The line of succession to the Norwegian throne is the list of people who may become King or Queen of Norway.
Since 1990, Norwegian law identifies the eldest child of a Norwegian monarch the royal heir. The first-born child follows his or her parent on the throne. This is known as full or equal primogeniture.
Order of succession
In 2011, the current order of succession is clear.
- Haakon, Crown Prince of Norway, the oldest son of Harald V of Norway
- Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway, Crown Prince Haakon's daughter
- Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway, Crown Prince Haakon's younger son
- Princess Märtha Louise of Norway, King Harald's daughter
- Maud Angelica Behn, Princess Märtha Louise's daughter
- Leah Isadora Behn, Princess Märtha Louise's second daughter
- Emma Tallulah Behn, Princess Märtha Louise's third daughter
Images for kids
Haakon, the heir apparent, and his daughter Ingrid Alexandra
Line of succession to the Norwegian throne Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.