Minnesota Territory facts for kids
The Territory of Minnesota was an organized incorporated territory of the United States that existed from March 3, 1849, until May 11, 1858, when the eastern portion of the territory was admitted to the Union as the State of Minnesota.
|#||Governor||Took office||Left office||Party|
|1||Alexander Ramsey||June 1, 1849||May 15, 1853||Whig|
|2||Willis Arnold Gorman||May 15, 1853||April 23, 1857||Democratic|
|3||Samuel Medary||April 23, 1857||May 24, 1858||Democratic|
- Charles K. Smith, 1849–1851
- Alexander Wilkin, 1851–1853
- Joseph Rosser. 1853–1857
- Charles L. Chase 1857–1858
- Henry Hastings Sibley, 31st Congress, 32nd Congress, 1849–1853
- Henry Mower Rice, 33rd Congress, 34th Congress, 1853–1857
- William W. Kingsbury, 35th Congress, 1857–1858
Minnesota Territory Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.