No Name Key facts for kids
Key deer walking on No Name Key.
|Location||Gulf of Mexico|
|Adjacent bodies of water||Florida Straits|
No Name Key is an island in the lower Florida Keys in the United States. It is 3 miles (4.8 km) from US 1 and sparsely populated, with only 43 homes. It is only about 1,140 acres (460 hectares) in comparison to its larger neighbor, Big Pine Key, which lies about half a mile (800 m) to its west. It is accessible by a concrete bridge from Big Pine Key and was the terminus of a car ferry that existed before the present Overseas Highway was built on the remains of Flagler's Overseas Railroad.
In popular culture
- No Name Key is featured in the 1966 spy novel Danger Key.
- No Name Key is featured in the military SF novel Gust Front by John Ringo
- No Name Key is featured in the Xanth novels by Piers Anthony .
- No Name Key is featured in the novel Torpedo Juice by Tim Dorsey.
- No Name Key was mentioned in Bones Season 3 Episode 5, "Mummy in the Maze".
No Name Key Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.