Richwoods is an unincorporated community in northern Washington County, Missouri, United States founded in 1830. It is located just off Route 47 about 15 miles west of De Soto and 19 miles south of St. Clair.
The first settlement at Richwoods was made ca. 1830. The community was named for the dense forest near the original town site. A post office has been in operation at Richwoods since 1832.
Antique Tractor Pull in Richwoods, Missouri 2009
- Easter Egg Hunt (The Saturday after Easter at the Richwoods Fire Department) http://www.richwoodsfire.com
- Bear Cove Mud Sling (April - October One Day a Month located at Bear Cove Rd)
- ROMP MX (Spring, Summer, and Fall)
- Free Fireworks Display (Saturday after July 4)
- Antique Tractor Pull (Sept) Richwoods Lions Club
- Twisted Minds Haunted House (Fridays and Saturdays and Halloween night in October)
- Haunted Hayride (Last two Fridays and Saturdays in October) http://www.richwoodsfire.com
- Christmas Parade (Saturday after Thanksgiving) http://www.richwoodsfire.com
- Christmas Bazaar (Saturday after Thanksgiving) Richwoods R-7 School.