Running Scared (TV series) facts for kids
Running Scared is a six-part British television children's drama serial produced by the BBC and transmitted on BBC 1 between 15 January 1986 and 19 February 1986, based on the Bernard Ashley novel and set in Forest Gate and other parts of east London with the Woolwich Ferry featuring in a key scene.
Running Scared deals with a teenage girl, Paula Prescott (Julia Millbank), whose life is put at risk when she uncovers evidence that could put a local criminal gang leader Charlie Elkin (played by Christopher Ellison) behind bars.
The Kate Bush single Running Up That Hill was used as its main theme tune as well as re-imagining part of the video as part of its title sequence.
- Part One (TX: 15 January 1986; Rpt: 23 March 1988)
- Part Two (TX: 22 January 1986; Rpt: 30 March 1988)
- Part Three (TX: 29 January 1986; Rpt: 6 April 1988)
- Part Four (TX: 5 February 1986; Rpt: 13 April 1988)
- Part Five (TX: 12 February 1986; Rpt: 20 April 1988)
- Part Six (TX: 19 February 1986; Rpt: 27 April 1988)
- Paula Prescott: Julia Millbank
- Charlie Elkin: Christopher Ellison
- Leila: Hetty Baynes
- Detective Inspector McNeill: James Cosmo
- Grandad: Fred Bryant
- Narinder Sidhu: Amarjit Dhillon
- Pratap Singh Sidhu: Renu Setna
Running Scared (TV series) Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.