St Mary's Church, Bletchley facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsSt Mary's Church
|Parish Church of Bletchley|
View of the church from the south.
|Location||Bletchley, near Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire|
|Denomination||Church of England|
|Style||Norman, English Gothic|
|Years built||Norman, 13–15th centuries|
The church dates from Norman times and the arch of the south doorway is Norman. The chancel is 13th century and there were additions in the 14th and 15th centuries.
More recently, the Church has moved away from a traditional choir and organ and now have a band.
Since St John's joined St Mary's, all services are now at St Mary's. St Mary's offers a wide range of services which cater for different types of people:
- 8:00am — Holy Communion
- 10:00am — Family service every Sunday with Holy Communion on the 1st Sunday of every month and an All age service on the 3rd.
- 7:00pm — Modern Worship
- 10:00am — Traditional Holy Communion
Members of staff
The following are members of staff at the church:
- Rev David McDougall - Rector
- Rev Paul Pavlou — Curate
- Rev Hannah Akibo-Betts - Curate
- Charlotte Cashman — Church Warden
- Andrew Prince — Church Warden
- Charles Bishop - Operations Manager
- Christina Farley - Communications Officer
- Nichola Whitmore - Finance Officer
- Steve Adams - Caretaker
- Creche facilities - 0–2 years
- Footsteps — 3–5 years
- Striders — 5–11 years
- Dream Factory - 5–11 years
- Joy Friday / Soul Saturday - Years 11-14
- The Loft — Years 14-17
Music at St Mary's consists of four main groups and a youth band.
St Mary's Church, Bletchley Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.