St Mary's Church, Lowdham facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsSt Mary's Church, Lowdham
St Mary's Church, Lowdham
|Denomination||Church of England|
|Heritage designation||Grade I listed|
|Diocese||Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham|
The church dates from the 13th century but was restored in 1860 by Scott. The spire was repaired in 1883 and the chancel restored in 1890.
It is part of a joint parish with:
- St Aidan's Church, Caythorpe
- St John the Baptist's Church, Gunthorpe
- Sir John de Lowdham 1318, reclining cross legged effigy clad in chain mail.
- Charles Broughton, slate tablets
- Petri Broughton, 1695, east wall
The small 2 manual 12 stop pipe organ is by Charles Lloyd, and it was rebuilt in 1963 by Cousins of Lincoln. A specification of the organ can be found on the National Pipe Organ Register.
St Mary's Church, Lowdham Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.