St Mary's Church, Tissington facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsSt Mary’s Church, Tissington
St Mary’s Church, Tissington
|Denomination||Church of England|
|Heritage designation||Grade II* listed|
|Diocese||Diocese of Derby|
The church dates from the 12th century, and the chancel and south porch still date from this time. The doorway has a Norman tympanum with two standing sculpted figures. The church was restored in 1854 when a new aisle was added on the north side.
The church is in a joint parish with
- St Michael and All Angels’ Church, Alsop-en-le-Dale
- St Edmund’s Church, Fenny Bentley
- St Peter's Church, Parwich
- St Leonard’s Church, Thorpe
- Francis FitzHerbert (d. 1619)
- Sir John FitzHerbert (d.1643)
- Frank Richard Allsop (d.1912) died on Titanic.
The church contains a pipe organ by Albert Keates of Sheffield. A specification of the organ can be found on the National Pipe Organ Register.
St Mary's Church, Tissington Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.