Susam Sokağı facts for kids
Susam Sokağı is the Turkish adaptation of children's television program Sesame Street. It was aired on weekday mornings 9:00 a.m. on TRT, the state television in Turkey, between the late 1980s and early 1990s. It involved a street design in a studio, and used original Sesame Street material, translated and adapted.
- Real People
- Tahsin Usta: lit. Master Tahsin A repairman and Sabiha Teyze's husband. (Alp Öyken)
- Zehra Teyze: lit. Aunt Zehra A greengrocer. (Güven Hokna)
- Nihat Amca: lit. Uncle Nihat A stationery store owner. (Alpay İzbırak)
- Hakan Abi: lit. Bro. Hakan A young man who plays the guitar in the neighborhood. (Tevfik Tolga Tecer)
- Zeynep Abla: lit. Sis. Zeynep A young woman living in the street. (Aslı Öyken Taylan)
- Sabiha Teyze: lit. Aunt Sabiha A tailor and Tahsin Usta's wife. (Betül Arım)
- Minik Kuş: lit. Little Bird Adaptation of Big Bird. He's red in color and is called "little bird" despite his large size. As a local adaptation, he's living in the fictional street with Real People characters.
- Kırpık: Adaptation of Oscar the Grouch. Lives in a wooden basket larger than the original one. As a local adaptation, he's living in the fictional street with Real People characters.
- Edi ve Büdü: Adaptation of Ernie and Bert. Taken from the idiom "Edi ve Büdü", based on a folktale, which is used for two people getting along well, particularly used for older couples.
- Kurbağacık: lit. Little Froggie Adaptation of Kermit. Kermit's name is Kermit as usual in the Muppet Show episodes shown in Turkey and only adapted into Kurbağacık in Susam Sokağı.
- Kurabiye Canavarı: Adaptation of Cookie Monster. Name is literally translated.
- Açıkgöz: lit. Alert Adaptation of Grover.
Lua error in Module:Navbox at line 245: attempt to index local 'listText' (a nil value).
Susam Sokağı Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.