Suzanne Cleary facts for kids
Suzanne Cleary is an American poet. She was born in Binghamton, New York. She grew up there. She has an M.A. in Writing from Washington University, and a Ph.D. in Literature and Criticism from Indiana University of Pennsylvania. She is Professor of English at State University of New York at Rockland.
"I love to read poems where I think the poet includes something that may not work or almost doesn't work. To me that's an exciting kind of risk."
- Winner of the 2012 John Ciardi Prize for Poetry from the University of Missouri, Kansas City
- Winner of the 2012 Emerging Writer Fellowship for Poetry from The Writer's Center, Bethesda, Maryland
- a Pushcart Prize (2005)
- the Cecil Hemley Memorial Award of the Poetry Society of America
- Julia Peterkin Award of Converse College
- Eugene Paul Nassar Poetry Prize
- Keeping Time (2002)
- Trick Pear (2007)
- Beauty Mark (2013)
- Cleary, Suzanne. "Be Still and Know: Silence in the Poetry of Jean Valentine," in Laurel Review 40.2. (2006)
- Cleary, Suzanne. "A Control Room inside of Me," Georgia Review September 25, 2014.
Suzanne Cleary Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.