T. Colin Campbell facts for kids
T. Colin Campbell
Campbell speaking in 2013
|Born||January 1, 1934
|Education||B.S. (1956), pre-veterinary medicine, Pennsylvania State University
Veterinary school, one year, University of Georgia
M.S. (1958), nutrition and biochemistry, Cornell University
Ph.D. (1961), biochemistry, nutrition, and microbiology, Cornell University
|The China Study (2005)|
|Relatives||Thomas M. Campbell and Nelson Campbell (sons)|
T. Colin Campbell (born, January 1, 1934) is an American biochemist. He works in the effect of nutrition on long-term health. He is the Jacob Gould Schurman Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell University.
Campbell has become known for his advocacy of a low-fat, whole foods, plant-based diet. He is the author of over 300 research papers and three books, The China Study (2005, co-authored with his son, Thomas M. Campbell II), which became one of America's best-selling books about nutrition), Whole (2013) and The Low-Carb Fraud (2014). Campbell featured in the 2011 American documentary Forks Over Knives.
- Diet, Life-style and Mortality in China (1991)
- The China Study (2005)
- Whole: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition (2013)
- Campbell, T. Colin, and Caldwell Esselstyn, Jr, MD. "Forks Over Knives: How a Plant-Based Diet Can Save America". Huffington Post, May 13, 2011.
- Campbell, T. Colin. "Nutrition: The Future of Medicine", The Huffington Post, October 25, 2010.
- Campbell, T. Colin. "Low Fat Diets Are Grossly Misrepresented". Huffington Post, September 28, 2010.
- Campbell, T. Colin, PhD, with Jacobson, Howard, PhD. (2014) The Low-Carb Fraud. BenBella Books.
T. Colin Campbell Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.