Tacuinum sanitatis facts for kids
The Tacuinum (sometimes Taccuinum) Sanitatis is a medieval handbook mainly on health. It is based on the Taqwim al‑sihha تقويم الصحة ("Maintenance of Health"), an eleventh-century Arab work an health by Ibn Butlan of Baghdad. The text exists in several variant Latin versions.
- sufficient food and drink in moderation,
- fresh air,
- alternations of activity and rest,
- alternations of sleep and wakefulness,
- secretions and excretions of humours, and finally
- the effects of states of mind.
Images for kids
Tacuinum sanitatis Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.