Vincentown, New Jersey facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
Vincentown, New Jersey
Historic houses on Plum Street
|Named for||Vincent Leeds|
|Elevation||12 m (39 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (Eastern (EDT))|
|Area code(s)||609, 640|
|GNIS feature ID||881465
Vincentown is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) located on the South Branch Rancocas Creek in Southampton Township of Burlington County, New Jersey. The area is served as United States Postal Service ZIP code 08088.
As of the 2010 United States Census, the population for ZIP Code Tabulation Area 08088 was 24,664.
Red Lion Airport is located in Vincentown.
People who were born in, residents of, or otherwise closely associated with Vincentown include:
- Samuel A. Dobbins (1814–1886), represented New Jersey's 2nd congressional district in the United States House of Representatives from 1873–1877.
- Brad Ecklund (1922–2010), center who played five seasons in the NFL.
- Job H. Lippincott (1842–1900), United States Attorney for the District of New Jersey and Associate Justice of the New Jersey Supreme Court.
- Chauncey Morehouse (1902–1980), jazz drummer.
- Jim Saxton (born 1943), Congressman from 1984 to 2009.
- Beulah Woolston (1828–1886), pioneering missionary teacher in China.
Images for kids
Vincentown, New Jersey Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.