13 BC facts for kids
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||2nd century BC – 1st century BC – 1st century|
|Decades:||40s BC 30s BC 20s BC – 10s BC – 0s BC 0s 10s|
|Years:||16 BC 15 BC 14 BC – 13 BC – 12 BC 11 BC 10 BC|
|Gregorian calendar||13 BC
|Ab urbe condita||741|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
— to —戊申年
|- Vikram Samvat||44–45|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3089–3090|
|Iranian calendar||634 BP – 633 BP|
|Islamic calendar||654 BH – 652 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1924 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||531|
Year 13 BC was either a common year starting on Friday, Saturday or Sunday or a leap year starting on Friday or Saturday of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Nero and Varus.
- The Roman general Nero Claudius Drusus builds a stronghold in what is now the city of Mainz, Germany
- Drusus is made governor of Gaul. He traveled to the North Sea to pay tribute to the Frisii.
- Drusus Julius Caesar, son of Tiberius Claudius Nero and Vipsania Agrippina (d. AD 23)
- Livilla, daughter of Nero Claudius Drusus and Antonia Minor (d. AD 31)
- for more information, see Category:13 BC deaths.
13 BC Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.