1410 facts for kids
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1380s 1390s 1400s – 1410s – 1420s 1430s 1440s|
|Years:||1407 1408 1409 – 1410 – 1411 1412 1413|
Events of 1410
- March 29 – The Aragonese capture Oristano, capital of the giudicato di Arborea in Sardinia
- July 15 – Battle of Grunwald (also known as Tannenberg or Zalgiris). Polish and Lithuanian forces under the cousins Władysław Jagiełło of Poland and Vytautas the Great decisively defeat the forces of the Teutonic Knights, whose power is broken
- Jan Hus is excommunicated by the Archbishop of Prague.
- Antipope John XXIII is elected.
- Start of the building of Castle Woerden.
- date unknown
- Johannes Ockeghem, Dutch composer (died 1497)
- Conrad Paumann, German organist and composer (died 1473)
- Vecchietta, Sienese painter, sculptor and architect (died 1480)
- March 5 – Matthew of Kraków, Polish reformer (born 1335)
- March 16 – John Beaufort, 1st Earl of Somerset
- May 3 – Pope Alexander V
- May 18 – Rupert of Germany, Count Palatine of the Rhine (born 1352)
- May 31 – King Martin I of Aragon (born 1356)
- July 15
- Ulrich von Jungingen, German Grand Master of the Teutonic Knights (killed in battle) (born 1360)
- Friedrich von Wallenrode, komtur of Ryna, (killed in battle)
- September 13 – Isabella of Valois, queen consort of England (born 1387)
- date unknown
- In Spanish: 1410
All content from Kiddle encyclopedia articles (including the article images and facts) can be freely used under Attribution-ShareAlike license, unless stated otherwise. Cite this article:1410 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.