173 facts for kids
|Centuries:||1st century – 2nd century – 3rd century|
|Decades:||140s 150s 160s – 170s – 180s 190s 200s|
|Years:||170 171 172 – 173 – 174 175 176|
- Gnaeus Claudius Severus and Tiberius Claudius Pompeianus become Roman Consuls.
- June 11 – Emperor Marcus Aurelius begins a battle against the Quadi.
- Avidius Cassius, the governor of Syria, stops shepherds known as the boukoloi.
- Maximinus Thrax, Roman emperor (d. 238)
- Mi Heng (d. 200)
- Sun Ben, nephew of Sun Jian (d. 209)
- Yuan Tan, eldest son of Yuan Shao (d. 205)
173 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.