2036 facts for kids
|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||2000s 2010s 2020s – 2030s – 2040s 2050s 2060s|
|Years:||2033 2034 2035 – 2036 – 2037 2038 2039|
|Ab urbe condita||2789|
|British Regnal year||84 Eliz. 2 – 85 Eliz. 2|
— to —丙辰年十一月十五日
|- Vikram Samvat||2092–2093|
|- Shaka Samvat||1958–1959|
|- Kali Yuga||5137–5138|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 48
|Minguo calendar||ROC 125
|Thai solar calendar||2579|
Predicted and scheduled events
- February 7 06:28:16 UTC – Network Time Protocol will loop over to the next epoch, as the 32-bit time stamp value used in NTP will overflow.
- April – A METI message Cosmic Call 2 sent from the 70-meter Eupatoria Planetary Radar arrives at its destination, HIP 4872 star.
- April 13 – close approach to Earth by asteroid 99942 Apophis. The 20-million-ton object has a 1 in 250,000 chance of hitting Earth on Easter Sunday.
- Fringe Episode 4x19 "Letters of Transit" takes place in the year 2036, where the Observers are in control of everyone else.
- The 1936 film Things to Come depicts 2036 as a time when humans live in underground cities and fire the first spacecraft to the Moon from a giant space gun.
- Most of the Once Upon a Time Machine episode of the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon series is set in the year 2036. It's an era of peace and without any crimes in New York City, when Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady travel in time from 1991 to 2036 in an attempt to rule the future.
- Zenon Kar, of the Zenon books and films, is born this year.
- In the game Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow for Nintendo DS, Dracula is set to be revived this year.
- The events of the film Android take place.
- The popular Epcot ride, Mission Space, takes place this year.
- John Titor supposedly time travels back to the winter of 1975 to retrieve an IBM 5100 computer which he claimed was needed to "debug" various legacy computer programs in 2036.
- According to Lt. Commander Data in the pilot episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, this year the United Nations resolved that "No person shall be made to answer for the crimes of their race or forebears." The entity Q scoffs at this, saying this was a court of 2079, when the U.N. no longer existed. Complicating this argument is that the date of 2079 in Trek lore is 16 years after the events of Star Trek: First Contact, when extraterrestrial life has already been discovered and is assisting humanity to recover from the Third World War.
2036 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.