311 facts for kids
|Centuries:||3rd century – 4th century – 5th century|
|Decades:||280s 290s 300s – 310s – 320s 330s 340s|
|Years:||308 309 310 – 311 – 312 313 314|
- May 5 – Emperor Galerius says there is religious freedom . He issues his Edict of Toleration, ending persecution of Christians in the Eastern part of the Roman Empire. He dies at age 51.
- Maximinus II divides the Eastern Empire. He starts to persecute Christians again.
- Maxentius, Roman usurper, takes the African provinces from Domitius Alexander.
- Maxentius builds the Circus of Maxentius near the Via Appia.
- December 3 – Diocletianus dies in Split, Croatia.
- Jin Huaidi, emperor of the Jin Dynasty, is captured at Luoyang. The capital city is looted by Liu Cong, ruler of the Xiongnu state (Huns).
- July 2 – Pope Miltiades succeeds Pope Eusebius as the 32nd pope.
- The Donatist split occurs in the African church.
311 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.