AOC International facts for kids
(as Admiral Overseas Corporation)|
|Products||Monitors, TVs, displays|
Number of employees
|569 (as of 2019)|
- 1934 – Continental Radio and Television Corporation founded in Chicago, Illinois by Ross Siragusa. Name would later be changed to Admiral Corporation.
- 1947 – Admiral company and brand established in the United States; it is one of the first companies to produce color television sets.
- 1951 – Admiral sells over 5 million television sets.
- 1967 – Admiral Overseas Corporation (AOC) established in Taiwan; first manufacturer of color television sets for export.
- 1978 – Admiral Overseas Corporation renamed to AOC International.
- 1979 – AOC starts direct marketing under its own brand name.
- 1982 – AOC brand registered worldwide.
- 1988 to 1997 – AOC establishes sales offices in the United States, China, Europe, and Brazil; main focus is computer monitors.
- 1999 to 2001 – AOC enters the display market in New Zealand and Australia.
- 2005 – AOC launched in India.
- 2006 – AOC launched in Mexico.
- 2007 to 2009 – AOC sells in more than 40 countries worldwide; products include CRT and LCD monitors, LCD TVs, and All-In-One PCs.
- 2016 - AOC launches AOC AGON premium line of gaming monitors.
AOC International Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.