All Saints' Church, Alderwasley facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsAll Saints’ Church, Alderwasley
All Saints’ Church, Alderwasley
|Denomination||Church of England|
|Heritage designation||Grade II listed|
|Architect(s)||Henry Isaac Stevens|
|Completed||27 September 1849|
The church replaced the ancient chapel of St Margaret in the village. It was built by A.F. Hurt of Alderwasley Hall and placed near the hall for the convenience of the family. The church was opened on 27 September 1849.
The church is in a joint parish with
- St James the Apostle's Church, Bonsall
- All Saints' Church, Bradbourne
- All Saints’ Church, Ballidon
- St James’ Church, Brassington
- St Margaret's Church, Carsington
- All Saints’ Church, Elton
- St James’ Church, Idridgehay
- Holy Trinity Church, Kirk Ireton
- Holy Trinity Church, Middleton-by-Wirksworth
- St Mary's Church, Wirksworth
The organ was installed in 1880 and was built by Brindley & Foster. A specification of the organ can be found on the National Pipe Organ Register.
All Saints' Church, Alderwasley Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.