Holy Trinity Church, Kirk Ireton facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsHoly Trinity Church, Kirk Ireton
Holy Trinity Church, Kirk Ireton
|Denomination||Church of England|
|Heritage designation||Grade I listed|
|Diocese||Diocese of Derby|
The church dates from the 12th century. It comprises a west tower, nave, aisles and clerestory, a south porch and chancel with one bay, chapels and a vestry.
It was restored in 1873 by Evans and Jolley from Nottingham, with the masonry work being carried out by William and Benjamin Doxey.
The church is in a joint parish with
- All Saints' Church, Alderwasley
- St James the Apostle's Church, Bonsall
- All Saints' Church, Bradbourne
- All Saints’ Church, Ballidon
- St James’ Church, Brassington
- St Margaret's Church, Carsington
- All Saints’ Church, Elton
- St James’ Church, Idridgehay
- Holy Trinity Church, Middleton-by-Wirksworth
- St Mary's Church, Wirksworth
The pipe organ was built by Henry Willis in 1859. A specification of the organ can be found on the National Pipe Organ Register.
Holy Trinity Church, Kirk Ireton Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.