Angelmouse facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsAngelmouse
|Created by||Rodney Peppé|
|Written by||Jez Hall, Mark Mason|
|Directed by||Mark Mason|
|Voices of||David Jason|
|Narrated by||David Jason|
|Opening theme||"Angel Mouse, Angel Mouse!"|
|Ending theme||"Angel Mouse, Angel Mouse!"|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Executive producer(s)||Theresa Plummer-Andrews|
|Running time||5 minutes per episode (approx.)|
|Production company(s)||Silver Fox Films
|Original network||CBBC (United Kingdom)
CBeebies (United Kingdom) Cartoonito (United Kingdom)
ABC Kids (Australia) BFBS (Germany)
|First shown in||1999|
|Original release||27 September 1999– 20 March 2000|
Angelmouse is a British children's television programme which was produced and broadcast by the BBC. It was aired on CBeebies (both the separate channel and CBeebies on BBC One and BBC Two). It has also been broadcast on ABC Kids. It started from 27 September 1999 and ended on 20 March 2000.
There are also Angelmouse books and plush toys available in the United Kingdom.
- Angelmouse - A mouse who is an angel. He lives on earth with his friend Quilly, and receives missions to do good deeds from "You-know-who" (God). He has wings and a "thingamajig" (halo), which is loose and can slip, shrink, wobble or even disappear when he misbehaves or neglects his mission. His Thingamajig can also mend things and solve problems.
- Quilly the Bird - A talking bird, who gives Angelmouse advice and always prompts him to start or continue his missions. He is also the narrator in each episode.
- Elliemum - A sensible, kind and cheerful elephant and the mother of Baby Ellie who highly regards Angelmouse as a 'real angel'.
- Baby Ellie - Elliemum's baby elephant, who likes to play and join in the fun.
- Oswald - A duck, who loves to speed especially on roller-skates. He often says "No Brakes!" as he whizzes by.
- Spencer - A dotty teddy bear, who frequently drives a car.
- Little Petal - A cute rag doll, who runs a little shop.
- Hutchkin - A rabbit, who stays in his burrow most of the time.
- Other Angels - The angels that live in Heaven and are seen to attend Angel School, a school meant for angels that teach them how to be good, paint rainbows, and go through the pearled Gates of Heaven.
(They made their first appearance in the episode "My Friend Angelmouse")
- Angel Teacher - The teacher of all of the angels, he firstly appeared in the episode "My Friend Angelmouse", revealing that he sometimes gets annoyed when Angelmouse makes a mistake.
- You-know-who - He is actually God, whom he is referred throughout the series as You-know-who by both Angelmouse and Quilly (and possibly the other characters). He is never shown on screen or has said anything by word (despite that he sends Angelmouse missions by a piece of paper that flies with wings above it) due to that since He is God from the religion Christianity, it is believed that He is not a man, and has no shape or form, and He is a supreme male divine spirit.
(Whenever Angelmouse's Thingamajig disappears when he makes a mistake, it is possible that You-know-who is responsible for taking the Thingamajig away as Angelmouse's punishment for some sort.)
- The Weather Angels - 3 angels that often deal with the weather.
- -The Sun Angel - He has the sun power of sunlight/daylight.
- -The Wind Angel - He has the ability to provide wind by taking a deep breath and blowing the wind out of his mouth.
- -The Rain Angel - He has the power to provide rain to Earth.
(Unlike the other angels, the Weather Angels do not have wings, robes, or halos, but are seen as spirits that deal with weather often.)
- The Post Angel
- An angel that deals with the Seventh Heaven Newspaper.
|No.||Title||Original air date|
|1||"My Friend, Angelmouse"||27 September 1999|
|Angelmouse rushes into Quilly in hope of passing the test of helping someone to qualify as an angel. He finally helps Quilly himself and gains his Thingamajig.|
|2||"Lost Thingamajig"||4 October 1999|
|Angelmouse has lost his thingamajig. As he searches for it, he mistakes other hoops for it. When he saves Baby Ellie from a pond, he earns it back.|
|3||"An Important Message"||11 October 1999|
|Angelmouse has to return a cloth which has no forwarding owner. Angelmouse learns the benefit of helping others when he returns it to Baby Ellie.|
|4||"Windy Weather Day"||18 October 1999|
|On a very windy day, Angelmouse goes to Cloud 9 where he rescues Little Petal along with other people's items that had been blown away.|
|5||"Trumpet"||25 October 1999|
|Angelmouse receives a trumpet, but doesn't realise he's supposed to teach Baby Ellie how to play it. Unfortunately Oswald sits on it, but Baby Ellie picks up from bubble blowing.|
|6||"Baby Ellie's Presents"||1 November 1999|
|Angelmouse tries to choose a present for Baby Ellie's birthday. The whole village gets presents that she doesn't like, but Angelmouse manages to give her what she really wanted.|
|7||"Angel Cake"||8 November 1999|
|Angelmouse is requested to get a special cake for Elliemum, but he loses it to Hutchkin, so Angelmouse and Quilly make one with a little magic for Elliemum's tea time.|
|8||"Copycat Chick"||15 November 1999|
|Angelmouse has to find a home for a chick that copies his every move. No one but Elliemum and Baby Ellie are suitable carers for her.|
|9||"Night Flight"||22 November 1999|
|At night, Angelmouse helps Hutchkin find Cloud Cookoo Land. Hutchkin finally reaches it when he falls asleep.|
|10||"Cloud Nine"||29 November 1999|
|A grumpy Angelmouse travels with Oswald to the Seventh Heaven Post office. He gets Elliemum her lily seeds and helps them grow.|
|11||"Angelmouse's Day Off"||6 December 1999|
|It’s Angelmouse's day off, but he is bored and has nothing to do. He gets stuck trying to get some honey, but Quilly and all the village members come to his rescue.|
|12||"Angelmouse's Reward"||13 December 1999|
|Angelmouse looks around to help people to earn a nice reward, but Quilly thinks he's causing trouble. When they get home, however, they find a nice surprise for Angelmouse, a harp.|
|13||"Guardian Angelmouse"||20 December 1999|
|Angelmouse has to babysit Baby Ellie, but would rather go flying in Oswald's aeroplane. Angelmouse gets his chance when Baby Ellie warns him, Oswald's aeroplane is out of control.|
|14||"A Visitor for Angelmouse"||27 December 1999|
|Angelmouse is assigned to help a visitor to go home. Angelmouse and his friends have trouble trying to find his place, but Hutchskin has the answer to the problem.|
|15||"The Rainy Day"||3 January 2000|
|Hutchkin is stuck inside his flooded home. With the aid of his Thingamajig and a kite, Angelmouse gets Hutchkin out.|
|16||"The Missing Message"||10 January 2000|
|Angelmouse's message along with several other stuff has disappeared. Oswald is revealed to have taken the stuff while airplane fishing and got stranded on Cloud Six.|
|17||"Can't Sleep, Won't Sleep"||17 January 2000|
|As Angelmouse tries to help Baby Ellie get to sleep, his mission soon turns into a slumber party, until a night-light helps Baby Ellie fall asleep.|
|18||"Flyaway Feather"||24 January 2000|
|Angelmouse is out to find Oswald's feather. Along the way, something is making Baby Ellie sneeze repeatedly.|
|19||"Ice Cream Clouds"||31 January 2000|
|On a hot day, Angelmouse is sent to get Baby Ellie some ice-cream, but there doesn't seem to be any. Oswald upon crashing his plane finds an ice-cream cloud.|
|20||"The Rainbow Paint"||7 February 2000|
|Spencer donates Angelmouse's old stuff for a jumble sale, but his rainbow paint is soon mixed up in the lot. Angelmouse hurries to get it back before it rains.|
|21||"Head In The Clouds"||14 February 2000|
|Angelmouse is sent to help Spencer, but he cannot quite find him. He soon stumbles across Spencer, who is mountain climbing.|
|22||"The Can't Stop Duck"||21 February 2000|
|Angelmouse derelicts his duties to see Oswald drive his new car which he's supposed to stop. However he is unfortunately going to have to do it without his 'Thingamajig'.|
|23||"The Wishing Star"||28 February 2000|
|Angelmouse is sent to help Baby Ellie, but not knowing what to do, consults the wishing star for advice.|
|24||"Bouncing Elliemum"||6 March 2000|
|Elliemum has a problem with talent for a contest, so Angelmouse consults his friends for some ideas. Finally Angelmouse suggests bouncing on a cloud.|
|25||"The Weather Angels"||13 March 2000|
|Little Petal's shop is in a complete mess. Unable to clean it directly, Angelmouse gets the Weather Angels to clean it with wind, rain and sunshine.|
|26||"The Missing Skates"||20 March 2000|
|Oswald's skates have gone missing. The Winter Angel at the Pole Star provides two pairs of skates for Oswald and Little Petal as well as a hat for Angelmouse.|
- "My Friend Angelmouse" (1999) - (My Friend Angelmouse, Lost Thingamajig, Windy Weather Day, Trumpet, Baby Ellie's Presents, Angelcake, Copycat Chick, Angelmouse's Day Off, A Visitor For Angelmouse, Angelmouse's Reward)
- "Angelmouse - The Complete Series" (1999) - (My Friend Angelmouse, Lost Thingamajig, Important Message, Windy Weather Day, Trumpet, Baby Ellie's Presents, Angelcake, Copycat Chick, Night Flight, Cloud Nine, Angelmouse's Day Off, Angelmouse's Reward, Guardian Angelmouse, A Visitor for Angelmouse, The Rainy Day, The Missing Message, Can't Sleep Won't Sleep, Flyaway Feather, Ice Cream Clouds, The Rainbow Paint, Head In The Clouds, The Can't Stop Duck, The Wishing Star, Bouncing Elliemum, Weather Angels, The Missing Skates)
- "Angelmouse: Angelmouse's Reward, A Visitor for Angelmouse and other stories" (2006) - (Angelmouse's Reward, A Visitor for Angelmouse, The Rainy Day, Can't Sleep Won't Sleep, Guardian Angelmouse)
Angelmouse Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.