B. T. Brown Reservoir facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsB. T. Brown Reservoir
|Location||Coweta County, Georgia, United States|
|Surface area||300 acres (1.2 km2)|
B.T. Brown Reservoir is a reservoir of 300 acres (1.2 km2) in Coweta County, Georgia, United States. It is located at 621 S Alexander Creek Road Newnan, Georgia 30263. The reservoir is maintained by the Coweta County Water & Sewerage Authority . The reservoir was built for its ability to be a water treatment facility. The reservoir was rebuilt at a cost of $13 million and completed in 2006. The production of drinking water began in 2007. As of 2007, this facility will produce 2 million US gallons (7,600 m3) of water daily with a maximum capacity to produce 6 million US gallons (23,000 m3) daily.
B.T. Brown reservoir is accessible to all Coweta County Residents with a few requirements including:
- Reservoir opens at 8:00am and closes at sunset or posted time.
- You must be a Coweta County Resident
- You can only fish from a boat
- Your boat can only use an electric trolling motor or paddles. No gas motors or gas tanks are allowed.
- No rubber or vinyl rafts allowed
- 20 feet length maximum for boats
- No gasoline tanks are permitted on the reservoir.
To obtain a permit you must go to the Coweta County Water & Sewerage Authority which is located at 545 Corinth Road, Newnan, Georgia 30263.
The Pavilion has 3 connected shaded areas with picnic tables and restroom accessibility. The Pavilion area has swings and multiple playground areas for children. The Pavilion is accessible to all Coweta County Residents with a few requirements.
- Pavilions opens at 8:00am and closes at sunset or posted time.
- You can reserve the Pavilion for a local event by contacting the Coweta County Water & Sewerage Authority which is located at 545 Corinth Road, Newnan, Georgia 30263.
B. T. Brown Reservoir Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.