Carl Zimmer facts for kids
Carl Zimmer (born 1966) is a popular science writer and blogger, mostly dealing with the study of evolution and parasites. He has written several books and contributes science essays to publications such as The New York Times and Discover. He is a Fellow at Yale University's Morse College. He lives in Guilford, Connecticut, with his wife, Grace Farrell Zimmer, and their two children. His father, Dick Zimmer, was a Republican congressman from New Jersey from 1991 through 1997. His brother, Benjamin Zimmer, is a linguist.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science's 2004 Science Journalism Award
- The Pan American Health Organization's Award for Excellence in International Health Reporting
- American Institute Biological Science's Media Award
- Everett Clark Award for Science Writing
- John Guggenheim Memorial Foundation Fellowship
- United States National Academy of Sciences Communication Award
- Zimmer, Carl At the Water's Edge (1999) ISBN: 0-684-85623-9
- Zimmer, Carl Parasite Rex (2001) ISBN: 0-7432-0011-X
- Zimmer, Carl Evolution: The Triumph of an Idea (2001) ISBN: 0-06-019906-7
- Zimmer, Carl Soul Made Flesh (2004) ISBN: 0-7432-3038-8
- Zimmer, Carl Smithsonian Intimate Guide to Human Origins (2005) ISBN: 0-06-082961-3
- Zimmer, Carl Microcosm: E. coli and the New Science of Life (2008) ISBN: 037542430X
Images for kids
Carl Zimmer Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.