Chianti facts for kids
There are many types of Chianti:
- Chianti is a really famous red wine. It is put into a "fiasco", a traditional Italian straw-covered wine bottle.
- Chianti Classico a kind of Chianti. It is proteced by the Italian laws and can only be made in the provinces of Florence and Siena.
- Chianti Colli Aretini a kind of Chianti made only in the Arezzo area.
- Chianti Colli Fiorentini a kind of Chianti made only in the Florence area.
- Chianti Colline Pisane a kind of Chianti made only in the Pisa area.
- Chianti Colli Senesi a kind of Chianti made only in the Siena area.
- Chianti Montalbanoa kind of Chianti made only in the areas of Prato, Florence and Pistoia.
- Chianti Montespertoli another kind of Chianti made near Florence
- Chianti Rùfina a kind of Chianti, first made in the area of "Rufina", near Florence
- Chianti Superiore a special Chianti, made in Arezzo, Florence, Pisa, Pistoia and Siena. This Chianti is costs more than others kinds of Chianti.
- Vin Santo del Chianti a kind of sweet wine. It is made in the areas of Arezzo, Florence, Pisa, Pistoia, Prato and Siena
- Vin Santo del Chianti Classico a kind of sweet wine made only in the areas of Florence and Siena
Images for kids
A bottle of ordinary Tuscan table wine in the kind of traditional fiasco formerly used for Chianti
Baron Bettino Ricasoli developed the first "modern" Chianti recipe that was Sangiovese based.
In Spanish: Chianti para niños
Chianti Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.