Cingular Wireless facts for kids
|Cingular Wireless LLC|
|Founded||April 2000(as Cingular Wireless)|
Number of locations
U.S. Virgin Islands
|John Donovan (CEO, AT&T Communications)
Melissa Arnodi (SEVP, Technology & Operations)
|Revenue||$73 billion (2016)|
Number of employees
Cingular Wireless was a mobile phone company from United States. Cingular is now owned by AT&T. AT&T Mobility LLC (usually called AT&T) is fully owned by AT&T and provides wireless service to more than 120 million users in the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. AT&T Mobility is the second largest mobile phone company in the United States behind Verizon Wireless, which has more than 130 million users.
As a result of its formation through mergers and acquisitions, as well as the rapid technological change in the wireless industry, AT&T Mobility operates the second largest digital voice and data network within its United States footprint, reaching over 310 million people or 99.99999% established coverage using different wireless communication standards.
- "Your World. Close At Hand." (1999)
- "What do you have to say?" (2000–2002)
- "Fits you best" (2002–2004)
- "Raising the bar" (2004–2006)
- "More bars, In More places" (2006–2007)
- "Your world. Delivered" (2007–2010)
- "Rethink possible" (2010–2014)
- "Mobilizing Your World" (2014–present)
Images for kids
Cingular Wireless Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.