Daphne facts for kids
Daphne can mean:
- Dafne is the name of an opera by Jacopo Peri (1597), no longer existent, and is considered to be the first opera ever composed.
- Daphne is also the title of an opera by Richard Strauss based on the myth of the nymph Daphne.
- Daphne Descends is a song on the Smashing Pumpkins' Adore album.
- Daphne is a song on several Django Reinhardt albums, such as Djangology. The song was originally written in 1938.
- Daphne is also a genus of shrubs in the plant family Thymelaeaceae, noted for their scented flowers and poisonous berries.
- 41 Daphne is the name of an asteroid.
- DAΦNE is a nuclear physics experiment in Frascati, Italy.
- DAPHNE is an emulator of Laserdisc Arcade Games.
- Many cities and villages in Greece are named Dafni
- Daphne is the name of a city in the U.S. state of Alabama.
- Daphne Blake is a character in the television cartoon Scooby-Doo.
- Daphne Broon is a character in the Scottish cartoon strip The Broons.
- Daphne Moon is a character in the Emmy Award Winning Show Frasier.
- Daphne is the name of a tree that is important in finding Maia Mizuki's lost memories, in the anime Daphne in the Brilliant Blue (2004)
- SS Daphne was a ship which sank disastrously in 1883.
- "Daphne II" is a European Community program based on the decission 803/2004/CE from the European Parliament, to prevent and fight violence against women and children and protect the victims and risk groups; It states a common position and strategy from the representatives of the European citizenship.
Daphne Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.