Daphne facts for kids
Daphne can mean:
- Dafne is the name of an opera by Jacopo Peri (1597), no longer existent, and is considered to be the first opera ever composed.
- Daphne is also the title of an opera by Richard Strauss based on the myth of the nymph Daphne.
- Daphne Descends is a song on the Smashing Pumpkins' Adore album.
- Daphne is a song on several Django Reinhardt albums, such as Djangology. The song was originally written in 1938.
- Daphne is also a genus of shrubs in the plant family Thymelaeaceae, noted for their scented flowers and poisonous berries.
- 41 Daphne is the name of an asteroid.
- DAΦNE is a nuclear physics experiment in Frascati, Italy.
- DAPHNE is an emulator of Laserdisc Arcade Games.
- Many cities and villages in Greece are named Dafni
- Daphne is the name of a city in the U.S. state of Alabama.
- Daphne Blake is a character in the television cartoon Scooby-Doo.
- Daphne Broon is a character in the Scottish cartoon strip The Broons.
- Daphne Moon is a character in the Emmy Award Winning Show Frasier.
- Daphne is the name of a tree that is important in finding Maia Mizuki's lost memories, in the anime Daphne in the Brilliant Blue (2004)
- SS Daphne was a ship which sank disastrously in 1883.
- "Daphne II" is a European Community program based on the decission 803/2004/CE from the European Parliament, to prevent and fight violence against women and children and protect the victims and risk groups; It states a common position and strategy from the representatives of the European citizenship.
Images for kids
Apollo and Daphne, a marble sculpture made 1622–1625 by Bernini (1598–1680), inspired by Ovid's Metamorphoses, Galleria Borghese, Rome. Depicting the initial stage of Daphne's transformation, with her fingers shown as branches of laurel and her toes taking root into the ground
Daphne Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.