A decasecond is a unit of time equal to 10 seconds. It can be written mathematically as 101 seconds.
- 2.7 decaseconds - half life of dubnium-261
- 3 decaseconds - half life of seaborgium-266
- 3 decaseconds - half life of ununquadium-289
- 3 decaseconds - normal amount of time that a TV commercial in the USA lasts
- 3.4 decaseconds - half life of dubnium-262
- 6 decaseconds = one minute
- 6.1 decaseconds - half life of rutherfordium-261
- 10 decaseconds = 1 minute 40 seconds
Images for kids
French decimal clock from the time of the French Revolution. The inner circle shows the ten hours of the decimal day in Arabic numerals, while the outer circle shows the two 12-hour periods of the standard 24-hour day in Roman numerals.
Decimal Time clock reading 2.50 DT equivalent to 6 AM standard time
Astronomical table from the Almanach national de France using decimal time