Dennis Townhill facts for kids
Townhill composed a set of responses for use at Anglican evensong.
In 1970, Townhill became the driving force of a plan not only to safeguard the future of the Choir School of St Mary’s Cathedral, Edinburgh but to transform it into a new and vibrant entity. In 1972, the school was expanded into a specialist music school on the lines of the Yehudi Menuhin School, with Lord Menuhin becoming patron and referring to it as "my younger sister-school in Scotland".
He was organist and choir master at:
- St Paul's Church, Burton on Trent. 1942–1943
- St. Mary le Wigford’s Church, Lincoln 1943–1947
- St. Mary Magdalene, Bailgate, Lincoln, Lincoln 1947–1949
- St James Church, Louth 1949–1956
- Grimsby Parish Church 1956–1961
- St Mary's Cathedral, Edinburgh 1961–1991
He retired in 1991.
Dennis Townhill Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.