Dragon (TV series) facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsDragon
|Created by||Dav Pilkey|
|Based on||Based upon the Dragon series by Dav Pilkey|
|Written by||Aline Gilmore
Anne-Marie Perrotta & Tean Schultz
|Story by||Anne-Marie Perrotta & Tean Schultz|
|Directed by||Philip Marcus (Canada)
Thomas Schneider-Trumpp (Germany)
Axel Sucrow (Season 2 only) (Germany)
Sue-Wee Moon (Seasons 1 & 2 only) (Korea)
Kyung-il Hwang (Season 3 only) (Korea)
|Creative director(s)||Philip Marcus|
|Voices of||Frank Meschkuleit|
|Narrated by||Frank Meschkuleit|
|Theme music composer||Raymond A. Fabi|
|Opening theme||Dragon Theme Song (sung by Bill Riggenberg, ACTRA member)|
|Ending theme||Dragon Theme Song (Instrumental)|
|Country of origin||Canada
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||78 (312 segments) (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Deborah Forte
|Running time||12 minutes (assorted episodes) 2-4 minutes (unassorted episodes)|
|Original network||Treehouse TV (January 5, 2004–June 30, 2012)
Qubo (September 9, 2006–September 12, 2009; repeats from October 2, 2010 to February 12, 2012 and then October 1, 2012 to September 25, 2015)
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|First shown in||Canada|
|Original release||January 5, 2004– December 28, 2007|
As described by Qubo:
|“||Produced in claymation, Dragon is based on the popular books by author Dav Pilkey, creator of the best-selling Captain Underpants series. Dragon is a friendly blue dragon whose unique perspective on life creates fun, child-friendly situations. Episodes are divided into short chapters in order to emphasize all learning moments. For all the stories, Frank Meschkuleit provides all the character voices and he is the narrator.
Dragon's best friends include Cat, Mailmouse, Alligator, Beaver, and Ostrich. Whether playing games, searching for treasure, or setting up a party, happy-go-lucky Dragon and his friends work together to make everyday sunny and special.
While the series’ calm and steady pace -- without a lot of quick scene changes, busy music or sound effects -- may seem slow to the adult viewer, young children are better able to understand and reflect what they are viewing. And Dragon's charming storylines explore themes identifiable to all children: friendship, being afraid and trying new things.
- Frank Meschkuleit as Narrator and character voices
- Dragon – The title character of the show. Dragon giggles his way through life. No matter what happens, this jolly hero's glass is always half-full. Slightly awkward, with a giant toothy grin, Dragon is curious about everything and will follow his nose wherever it may lead him. Happy and helpful, he is always ready to lend a hand. Even when things get messy, Dragon plays it cool. If you take life one step a time, there's nothing to be afraid of. Nothing at all.
- Cat – Dragon's cat. Unlike Dragon's other friends, Cat is really just a typical cat. Dropping in from time to time, Cat will hapilly accompany Dragon for a while. But she'll only stick around as long as she's interested. And then, she's off in search of her own adventures. Satisfied and self-absorbed, Cat is highly fussy about her meals! She's not too concerned about the world around her and she loves to stretch out for long naps.
- Beaver – A busy and curious beaver. Beaver likes to keep busy. Most of the time, he's doing chores and rebuilding his home while he mutters and grumbles to himself. For Beaver, life is no picnic. Beaver is always looking for a better and faster way of getting things done. Unfortunately, Beaver's shoddy workmanship usually has him working overtime. Curious and cantankerous, Beaver is constantly pondering how and why things are done the way they are.
- Mail Mouse – A mouse who is reliable and is bold. Mail Mouse loves her job and she's shown to be good at it. Sometimes, she hand delivers the mail, and at other times, she just leaves it at the mailbox. Either way, she's quick, reliable and a lot of fun. Opinionated and always willing to lend a helping hand, Mail Mouse is generous with her advice. She's bold without being pushy and that's just the way the others like her.
- Ostrich – A bird who runs a general store. Ostrich is a strange and wonderful bird. Ostrich is always busy with something. She has a head for business and manages her own general store. She can also be seen tidying the streets and clocking time as the village's physician. Ostrich tries very hard to be a superhero, and she is determined to rescue people, whether or not they need to be rescued. She has even developed her very own superhero yodel and dance.
- Alligator – A kooky and creative alligator. Alligator never worries about finding a solution. His only solution is never to worry. For Alligator, life is a journey and he's enjoying the ride! Kooky, creative and loved by all, Alligator even has his own lingo: "Hidy-ho, little blue dude!" which he says to Dragon. And there's one thing that Alligator loves more than ANYTHING else. He just cannot stop dancing, playing the bongos, and making lots of noise.
Dragon (TV series) Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.