Gounamitz River facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsGounamitz River
|Main source||Rivière-Verte Parish, New Brunswick, Madawaska County, New Brunswick
249 m (817 ft)
|River mouth||Drummond Parish, Victoria County, New Brunswick
142 m (466 ft)
|Length||28.0 km (17.4 mi)|
The course of Gounamitz river crosses:
- Madawaska County: Rivière-Verte, Sainte-Anne Parish
- Restigouche County: Saint-Quentin Parish;
- Victoria County: Drummond Parish.
This source is located at:
- 2.6 kilometres (1.6 mi) South of the southern boundary of the Saint-Quentin Parish;
- 24.0 kilometres (14.9 mi) East of the confluence of Lake First;
- 29.9 kilometres (18.6 mi) Southwest of the confluence of the Little Main Restigouche River which is the head of the Restigouche River;
- 21.6 kilometres (13.4 mi) Northwest from the confluence of the Gounamitz river;
- 36.6 kilometres (22.7 mi) East of the southern boundary of the Quebec.
Gounamitz river flows in forest zone, more or less in parallel in the southwest side to the Kedgwick River.
From the source, "Gounamitz river" flows on 28.0 kilometres (17.4 mi), according to these segments:
- 4.6 kilometres (2.9 mi) Eastward in the Rivière-Verte Parish, (Madawaska County) up to Cyr stream (from the West);
- 2.8 kilometres (1.7 mi) Eastward up to Dave Richards Brook (from the West);
- 1.7 kilometres (1.1 mi) Eastward to the edge of the Saint-Quentin (Restigouche County);
- 2.5 kilometres (1.6 mi) to the East in the Saint-Quentin up to "Balm of Gilead Brooke" (from the West);
- 4.5 kilometres (2.8 mi) to the Southeast, up to Big Brook (from the West);
- 1.5 kilometres (0.93 mi) to the Southeast receiving the waters of Falls Brook (from the Southwest) to the boundary of the Sainte-Anne Parish;
- 4.5 kilometres (2.8 mi) to the southeast, to the limit of the Drummond Parish (Victoria County, New Brunswick);
- 5.9 kilometres (3.7 mi). To the south east, to the confluence of the river Gounamitz
The "river Gounamitz" pours on the Northwest shore of the Little Main Restigouche River, in the Drummond Parish, Victoria County, New Brunswick.
The confluence of the "river Gounamitz" is located at:
- 18.3 kilometres (11.4 mi) Southwest of the confluence of the Kedgwick River and Little Main Restigouche River;
- 17.4 kilometres (10.8 mi) West of the village center of Saint-Quentin;
- 24.7 kilometres (15.3 mi) Southwest of the village center of Kedgwick;
- 65.0 kilometres (40.4 mi) East of downtown of Edmundston;
- 93.1 kilometres (57.8 mi) Southwest of the Campbellton, New Brunswick bridge, crossing the Restigouche River.
Gounamitz River Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.