Government of North Carolina facts for kids
The government of North Carolina is divided into three branches: executive, legislative, and judicial. These consist of the Council of State (led by the Governor), the bicameral legislature (called the General Assembly), and the state court system (headed by the North Carolina Supreme Court). The Constitution of North Carolina delineates the structure and function of the state government.
The 2019 elected ten-member Council of State of North Carolina is composed of:
- Politics of North Carolina
- List of governors of North Carolina
- Law of North Carolina
The nine North Carolina Cabinet departments are the:
- Department of Administration,
- Department of Commerce,
- Department of Cultural Resources,
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources,
- Department of Health and Human Services,
- Department of Revenue,
- Department of Public Safety,
- Department of Military and Veterans Affairs,
- and Department of Transportation.
The North Carolina Register includes information about state agency rules, administrative rules, executive orders and other notices, and is published bimonthly. The North Carolina Administrative Code (NCAC) contains all the codified rules.
Images for kids
Government of North Carolina Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.