A hectosecond is equal to 100 seconds. It can be written as 102 seconds. There are 10 hectoseconds in a kilosecond, which is 1000 seconds. There are 10 decaseconds in one hectosecond.
- 1 hectosecond - 1 minute 40 seconds
- 1.02 hectoseconds - half-life of nobelium-253
- 1.2–1.8 hectoseconds = 2–3 minutes - normal time for cooking instant noodles or for boiling an egg
- 3.15 hectoseconds = 5.25 minutes after the Big Bang - the first nuclei form
- 5 hectoseconds = 8.333... minutes - amount of time it takes light to travel between the earth and the sun
- 8.86 hectoseconds - half-life of a free neutron
- 10 hectoseconds - about 16.7 minutes