Huetter, Idaho facts for kids
Location in Kootenai County and the state of Idaho
|• Total||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2)|
|• Land||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||2,142 ft (653 m)|
|• Estimate (2012)||101|
|• Density||3,333.3/sq mi (1,287.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
|GNIS feature ID||0396678|
Huetter is located at(47.703759, -116.848870).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 78,730 square metres (0.03040 sq mi; 0.07873 km2), all land. This makes Huetter one of the smallest (in area) incorporated places in the United States.
As of the census of 2010, there were 100 people, 42 households, and 22 families residing in the city. The population density was 3,333.3 inhabitants per square mile (1,287.0/km2). There were 48 housing units at an average density of 1,600.0 per square mile (617.8/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 88.0% White, 1.0% African American, 3.0% Native American, 1.0% Asian, and 7.0% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 7.0% of the population.
There were 42 households of which 26.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 28.6% were married couples living together, 14.3% had a female householder with no husband present, 9.5% had a male householder with no wife present, and 47.6% were non-families. 38.1% of all households were made up of individuals. The average household size was 2.14 and the average family size was 2.55.
The median age in the city was 39.5 years. 14% of residents were under the age of 18; 8% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 38% were from 25 to 44; 32% were from 45 to 64; and 8% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 55.0% male and 45.0% female.
As of the census of 2000, there were 96 people, 37 households, and 21 families residing in the city. The population density was 9,044.4 people per square mile (3,706.6/km²). There were 39 housing units at an average density of 3,674.3 per square mile (1,505.8/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 87.50% White, 2.08% Native American, 3.12% from other races, and 7.29% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.12% of the population.
There were 37 households out of which 29.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 35.1% were married couples living together, 8.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 43.2% were non-families. 27.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.59 and the average family size was 2.62.
In the city, the population was spread out with 19.8% under the age of 18, 21.9% from 18 to 24, 34.4% from 25 to 44, 17.7% from 45 to 64, and 6.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 30 years. For every 100 females there were 134.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 148.4 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $21,250, and the median income for a family was $22,083. Males had a median income of $28,750 versus $51,250 for females. The per capita income for the city was $9,121. There were 23.8% of families and 30.9% of the population living below the poverty line, including 36.8% of under eighteens and none of those over 64.
Huetter, Idaho Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.